Anniversary Dinner..52 Years!

.We spent a very quiet anniversary dinner at Rolando's in Fort Smith AR.  Our oldest son was under the weather and the youngest son lives in Cambodia, but after 52 years we certainly know how to enjoy ourselves without help.

If you are ever in Fort Smith, make sure to visit Rolando's at 917 N A St.  The owner is a native of Ecuador, and I believe his wife is local, and they really know how to produce the delicious foods of Latin America in a warm atmosphere.

 The cuisine at Rolando’s is unique and his artistic talent is found in the beautiful presentation of the entrees. 

This was our starter of guacamole, which could easily have made a meal in itself, as it was served with a bean/corn salsa and corn tortilla chips.

I always forget about photos when I am dining.  I also worry about the chuckles of the other diners when I start snapping photos...probably because I have been the chuckling one on numerous occasions.

So, there are no photos of the pork burrito that filled Keith's plate.  It was beautifully presented with squiggles of different sauces across the top and on the plate.  He took half of it home.

I ordered the steak fajita salad.  Again pleasingly presented and with mouth watering, thin sliced, pickled cucumber on the side, which I could have eaten much more of.   I commented to Keith that I couldn't quite figure out the method of preparation of the steak.  It was tremendous tasting and fork tender but did not taste quite like beef.  When the bill came, we noticed that there was an extra charge for pork!  So much for my culinary acumen.  But, I will  always order the pork fajita salad in the future.  It was great and I did not take any of it home.

Did you know that the traditional gift for 52nd Anniversary is the star ruby?  Did I get a star ruby?  No, but after 52 good years, a star ruby doesn't shine nearly as bright as our memories.

Comments

Popular Posts